“We endeavour to provide a caring and aspirational environment where all members of the school community are cared about, valued and respected; where every individual can be inspired to enjoy learning for life.”
We want everyone to:
|Learn to grow together
||Enjoy every opportunity
||Achieve our very best
||Fulfil our aspirations
In order to fulfil our vision, the school will:
|Leadership, Teaching and Environment
- Provide highly effective leadership at all levels in the development of distributive leadership systems that support a wider system leadership approach.
- Provide knowledgeable, skilled, committed and approachable staff to encourage excellence in all spheres of learning
- Promote excellent behaviour, care and respect for others in a stimulating, encouraging and supportive learning environment underpinned by clear moral values
- Ensure the environment and resources provide a sustainable and effective opportunities, reflecting high standards and aspirational expectations
- Provide an engaging curriculum suitably differentiated to the ability and learning style of the pupil, and matched to National Curriculum requirements, encouraging reflective learners.
- Provide practical and well resourced learning experiences in all subjects including the development and application of Computing skills to prepare learners to be active citizens.
- Provide support and challenges suited to the needs of all learners, embedded in the principles of formative assessment, empowering them to become independent and curious learners.
- Ensure that learning opportunities are carefully planned, assessed, monitored and reviewed to ensure continuity and progression in the development of understanding, knowledge and skills enabling resilience and growth mindsets.
|Home/School and Community
- Foster effective home / school communication channels and strive to develop positive and supportive relationships with all families of children attending or planning to attend our school
- Value and benefit from active links within and beyond our own community. Foster and develop positive relationships within and beyond current contacts to support capacity for growth.
- Foster commitment and team effort through positive adult role models in school, and through the SMSC/PSHE/Global citizenship strand of our curriculum
- Provide teaching and guidance on healthy lifestyles, encouraging learners to make appropriate lifestyle choices in matters affecting their personal well-being